We’d like to welcome Erika Peterson of Clean Simple Foodie, a sweet friend of ours who shares the love of promoting health and fitness (as well as delicious food)! A special THANK YOU to her for sharing this delicious recipe with Gym Gab!
For a chance to win Erika’s incredible e-book “Clean Simple Eats,” follow @cleansimpleeats and @gymgabblog on Instagram! Don’t forget to leave a comment letting us know your favorite healthy treat. Winner will be announced on March 31st!
Crispy Peanut Butter Bars
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup PB2 powder
3/4 cup honey
¼ cup ground flaxseed
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (optional)
1 cups oat flour or old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup puffed whole grain brown rice cereal
½ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Mix peanut butter, PB2 powder, honey, flax and protein powder together.
2. Add Oats and rice cereal. Mix well.
3. Press mixture into a 9×13 pan.
4. Microwave chocolate chips 30 seconds at a time until completely melted.
5. Drizzle chocolate over crispy peanut butter bars.
6. Store in fridge 1-2 hours to let the chocolate harden. Cut into 32 bars and serve. Enjoy!
Tips: To make the chocolate drizzle look fancy, pour melted chocolate into a ziplock baggie and cut off the tip. Drizzle a fun design over the top!
Ingredient FAQs: I buy my PB2 powder at Walmart or on Amazon.com. I buy my puffed rice cereal at Harmon’s or on Amazon.com.
What’s in each bar (with protein powder):
About 110 calories; 5g fat; 13g carbs; 4g protein; 1g fiber