It’s time for Gym Gab’s third annual 50 Gymnastics Stocking Stuffer Guide! As always, it’s filled with stocking-sized gymnastics gifts for gymnasts of all ages and abilities!
So what’s new to the list? Pasta in the shape of gymnasts, the ever so popular Fitbit for an older athlete, washable tape grips, new jewelry designs and NCAA gymnastics tickets are a few that made the list. New book titles like Nastia Liukins autobiography and a handful of gymnastics easy readers also make their debut. Not to be overlooked are the gymnastics gifts from past guides that offer variations from 2013 and 2014.
Many of these gifts are found on Product Specific Websites or Amazon (great news for PRIME members doing some last minute shopping). There are also personalized hand-made items, usually sold through Etsy, requiring several weeks to make it to your doorstep. For these items, order ASAP!!!
Hope something stands out for your special one!
GYM BAG GEAR
1. AWARD PINS – Celebrate a level advancement, an all-around score, or new skill with a gymnastics awards pin! Multiple styles found at Designs by Margarita, Ten-0, Gym Treasures, and Snowflake Designs.
3. DEODORANT – this is more of a gift for your child’s coach! Try Fresh Kids Girls Deodorant without antiperspirant for younger ones.
4. RIPT SKIN CARE – it’s worth trying different products for hands to find the one that works best for your child. Learn more about RIPT products.
6. GRIP BAG – a grip bag should be washed often and traded out every once in awhile. I love the ones from It’s All Eye Candy and the custom ones from Paper Nook. There are also tons of styles found on Amazon.
7. ESSENTIAL OILS – gymnasts demand a lot of their bodies. Essential oils can provide relief for sore and achey muscles. We use Dr. Teal’s Bath Salts at our house.
8. WATER BOTTLE – keep your gymnast hydrated in style. My daughters favorites are the Camelbak kids water bottles. If you want a “gymnastics” look, try Aerials by Alpha Factor’s Gymnastics Water Bottles or Personalized styles on Amazon!
9. TENDLITE – is an FDA cleared LED Light Therapy Device that offers 60% faster healing time by increasing joint tissue repair, strength, flexibility & mobility or other inflammation related ailments. Tendlite is also a convenient size for a stocking (and gym bag). Check out the Tendlite reviews.
11. KEYCHAIN – add some personality to the gym bag, backpack or keys. Check out hundreds of styles offered by Zazzle.
12. WINNIE’S RIP FIX – hand repair for rips. Winnie’s Rip Fix is another product to try on tender hands.
13. DETANGLING BRUSH – to fix the rats nest that appears atop your gymnast’s head after workout try a Detangling Brush.
14. BODY ADHESIVE – this gift will keep the wedgies at bay- It Stays!
15. PRE-WRAP – to protect the skin from tape. A plethora of fun colors are available!
16. LIP BALM – EOS lip balm is a must for the gym bag! Check out the Holiday 2015 Limited Editions.
18. GLITTER HAIRSPRAY – if your looking for something subtle that offers a little extra shimmer for meet day, try IT Glitter Spray.
19. GYMNASTICS FUN PINS – fun, funky, and perfect to proclaim gymnast status on a school backpack. Check out It’s All Eye Candy for different designs.
THE YOUNGER GYMNAST
22. GYMNAST BRACELET – The one pictured is a medal cuff bracelet.
23. GYMNASTICS MEDAL RACK – Compare hundreds of designs on Amazon.
24. GYMNASTICS PASTA – A fun novelty also discovered on Amazon.
25.VICI DOLL – this bendy doll is typically used by coaches to demonstrate proper technique and body positions, but fun is had when gymnasts get their hands on Vici. Choose from two sizes offered by American Gymnast.
26.TAPE GRIPS – Griptastik now offers machine washable, customizable tape grips!
28. GYMNASTICS BEAR – achievement bears celebrate gymnastics skills and levels. Check out the designs from Gym Treasures.
29. GYMNASTICS MONKEY – a monkey performing giants? What a great novelty gift!
30. ROOM DECOR – gymnastics decor will make her room feel like a sanctuary Check out what Amazon has to offer.
32. MCKENNA AG BOOKS – the popular 2012 American Girl of the year books are about a young gymnast with a great name :). If your daughter hasn’t read McKenna American Girl Books, grab them for the stocking!
33. GYMNASTICS BOOKS – looking for easy reads that keep your gymnast’s attention? Try one of these: Gymnastics Girl Maya’s Story, Strawberry Shortcake Gymnastics Fun, Gemma Gymnastics Fairy, I will Try, I broke into Gymnastics Camp, Curious George Gymnastics Fun, Gymnastics Jitters, Lily’s Lucky Leotard, DK Readers: Gymnastics, The Greatest Gymnast of All, Cartwheel Katie, Cat on the Mat or Tina Tumble’s.
34. PILLOWCASE – I love Mary’s Canary Gymnastics Pillowcase! The customized design includes the gymnast’s name within the gymnast silhouette. It’s also easy to tuck inside a stocking!
37. MCKENNA AG DVD – McKenna Shoots for the Stars is the 2012 American Girl of the year gymnastics movie and a hit with young gymnasts.
THE OLDER GYMNAST
38. FITBIT – gymnasts get plenty of exercise, but what about sleep? How about the retired gymnast who still desires fitness as a lifestyle? Try putting a Fitbit in the stocking. Amazon has them at 20% off in 7 colors.
39. GYMNASTICS SHOES – theses sandals are designed with the gymnast in mind. They provide support and comfort for an easy transition between events during competition. Note they come in adult sizes. Find them at Ten-o.
40. LEOTARD GIFT CARD – this is a great stocking stuffer for an older gymnast, more particular about her style. Destira, GK-Elite Sportswear, Plum Practicewear, & Snowflake Design offer gift certificates on their sites.
42. TRAINING BOOKS – technically the brain is not a muscle, but gymnast’s minds do need conditioning. Books like Your Best Meet Ever, and Gymnastics Psychology can help! What great gymnastics gifts!?!
44. NCAA SEASON TICKETS– give the gift of experience and inspiration. Season tickets are also a chance for some parent-child bonding!
45. SMART PHONE CASE – gymnastics cases for ipods, iphones, ipads, or other smart devices are always an easy win with (pre)teens.
47. OLYMPIAN BIOGRAPHIES – inspire your gymnast with autobiographies from Nastia Liukin, Shannon Miller, Gabby Douglas and Shawn Johnson. Or try the GymnStars series. I also recommend the incredible story of Elite Gymnast Aimee Walker-Pond titled, No Excuses.
48. EMERGENCY KIT – griptastik’s Gymnastics Emergency Kit is a customizable travel bag that includes everything you’d need at a meet, including hair accessories, deodorant, tape, and band-aids .
49. SCRIPT NECKLACE – my favorite necklace for an older gymnast, is new to Ten-o’s site this year – The Script Gymnast Necklace.