“How was gym today?” is a question every gym parent wants to ask their kid on the car ride home. Unfortunately this age-old, open-ended question loses it’s importance when the word “fine” become the oh-so common answer. Here is a list of 25 questions to ask your athlete (not all in the same day of course), that will provide some welcome variety to you and your athlete!
1. What were you most proud of at gym today?
2. What was the hardest thing you did today?
3. What correction do you remember the most today? And why?
4. What compliment do you remember most today?
5. What muscles do you think worked the hardest today?
6. Were you proud of any of your teammates today?
7. Who was a great example to you today? And why?
8. What was the funniest thing about gymnastics today?
9. If you could have worked only one skill today, what would it have been?
10. What was your favorite assignment today?
11. Pick one word to describe today’s workout.
12. On a scale of 1 to 10 how hard did you work today?
13. On a scale of 1 to 10 how much did you love workout today?
14. Pick one word to describe your attitude during workout.
15. What was the best thing about Beam today?
16. What was the best thing about Bars today?
17. What was the best thing about Floor today?
18. What was the best thing about Vault today?
19. If you weren’t at workout today, what would you have missed out on?
20. What made today better than yesterday?
21. Who inspired you at the gym today?
22. Right now, why are you glad you are a gymnast?
23. What do you want to do different tomorrow?
24. What skills will you be doing in your dreams tonight?
25. What weaknesses did you work towards turning into strengths today?